Sunday 1 May 2011

Hedgerows in Jam Jars, Fish and Chips in Parks

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I, along with my family, spent Good Friday preparing the beautiful West Barn in my beautiful home town, Bradford-on-Avon. We arrived at the barn, laden with bunch after bunch of stunning flowers, many picked from our garden and the surrounding hedgerows, even some little oak trees, grown by the Groom. By the time we had finished, the place was a bower of spring blooms; a cross between Shakespeare's 'Midsummer Night's Dream' and and old English country garden. 
By six o'clock, we were rather tired and hungry, so we retreated to a picnic bench outside, with fish and chips (very fitting for Good Friday) and a selection of (very) local ales and ciders.  
I grew up playing here...
...just being there makes me feel so happy and alive. 
After dinner, we finished sorting out the barn - Andy couldn't resist posing with the Chaucerian wall hangings- before heading home for a well-earned rest.
Everything looked wonderful on the day. 
You never know, if all else fails, we could all go into the wedding-planning business. I would very happily spend all of my time doing such wonderful, creative things, surrounded by my awesome family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments & hope you have a lovely day!