Thursday 26 January 2012

A Bit of a Rest

Sorry that it has been all quiet on the western front for the past couple of weeks. I don't mind telling you that it has been a bit of a crazy time. The Ginge and I had planned lots of lovely things to do with our time off, following my exams and I was looking forward to telling you all about it. Unfortunately, our plans were slightly hampered when I managed to get myself taken to A&E having collapsed in the cinema. Nothing to worry about,  I am mostly annoyed that it happened during the brilliant 'The Artist' and relieved that it happened after I had finished my delicious peanut-butter ice cream and not before. It was weird being on the other side of healthcare though. I haven't been to hospital as a patient since I broke my arm, falling out of a bouncy-castle window at the age of nine. Being inside an ambulance, having blood taken and being a patient in a department in which I work all felt very unfamiliar to me, even though I know it all like the back of my hand. What was most incredible was how calm the Ginge managed to stay the whole night and how calm that kept me. It took me a good few days for the experience to sink-in fully and that is entirely because he made me feel so safe. How lucky his patients are to have him as their doctor and how lucky I am to have him as my boy. What happened, though unplanned, perhaps came just at the right time. It forced both of us to stop, rest and enjoy the simple joy of each other's company. My family came up too as they were of course concerned about me, but it turned out to be just the break they needed as well. I treated myself to a new haircut (I got my first proper fringe) and we even got on with some long-anticipated projects like sanding and re-painting an old cupboard for our bedroom. Mostly though, we just rested and re-prioritised, two things that were long overdue. No, I don't want it to happen again, but yes I am very grateful that it did. 

6 comments:

  1. oh dear! I am glad you're okay now (and very much craving ice cream thanks to the picture) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is excellent ice cream. It's made in Sheffield by a company called Yee Kwan. Tasty stuff.

      Delete
  2. Such a shame and a worry, best laid plans, but at else you are better now, D x
    ps. love that Ginge was there for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a very lucky girl indeed and he grinned massively when I showed him your comment!

      Delete
  3. I'm really sorry to hear you were unwell :( Glad you're on the mend now, though! I was unwell for quite a long time with an over-active thyroid and, having never been properly sick before, I know how scary something like that can be. You're lucky to have such a lovely fella looking after you and ice cream to make it all better xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely. It was quite scary at the time, but you're right the ice cream and my marvellous man made it all ok! Glad you're all better now too and I'm sure the Texan takes the best care of you also. Xxx

      Delete

I love to read your comments & hope you have a lovely day!