This time last year, I started A Bushel & A Peck. I had been reading inspirational blogs like Wellies & Vogue and Junkaholique for some time and had toyed with the idea of making a go of it for myself, but had never quite plucked up the confidence to do so. In the end, it wasn't confidence. To be honest, it still isn't. In the end, it was fear that pushed me to blog. The fear of losing my creative, thoughtful side, of neglecting time spent doing things for myself. All the busy, stressful stuff was pushing that part of me into a dark corner, out of sight. So, I did it. I called myself 'A Bushel and A Peck' as a nod to the simpler side of life, which I have never experienced to greater extent than on a family holiday in New England, where they still use old fashioned measurements and it is still possible to buy a bushel and a peck of rosy red apples. I have been writing and photographing ever since and it has been wonderful. When I started this blog, it was primarily for me and partly a way to appease my poor friends who had heard hide nor hair of me for weeks. What I never expected was that people other than my nearest and dearest would find me, follow me or to be so plain lovely. I have been inspired, cheered-up, tickled-pink and teary-eyed because of so many people this year and I just want to say thank you. So, in true blog style, I will be doing a giveaway this week.
I'll be perfectly frank with you, I am very nervous about this. I had some postcards printed of some of the photographs I have featured on A Bushel & A Peck, this year. I had a trial-run over Christmas by giving a set to some friends. They seemed to like them, though they probably have to. Anyway, I really want to do something to say thank you to my amazing followers, so I am giving away a double set (20 postcards). Here is how to enter:
1. You do not need to be an official follower - many people who read my blog are not and I want everybody to have a chance.
2. To enter, simply comment on this post by saying which of the postcards images is your favourite. Only one entry per person. If you are unable to comment on blogger, email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The giveaway will close at 12 midday on Friday 13th (unlucky for some, but maybe lucky for you).
4. I will draw the winner as soon as I get home from my exam and will announce the result on my blog.
5. The postcards will be sent over the weekend so that you recieve them early next week. They might still be in time for Christmas thank you letters.
Good luck and thank you again for your wonderful support!
I am so excited!