Friday 30 December 2011

Homemade Christmas Hamper: The Finishing Touches

Well now, what a wonderful Christmas! I don't know about you, but in our house we have been lauding this year's festivities as the best yet. It was all a bit of a rush before I left Sheffield and once I got home, I dropped everything for a few days, meaning that I didn't get round to finishing off my posts about the hampers. Well, I am back now with replenished energy and restored spirits and am feeling very pleased with how my gifts both turned out and were received. I had hoped to buy some vintage hampers from ebay, but failed to find any that I liked or could afford. Happily, we stumbled upon some lovely ones in Harrogate (good old Lakeland). I added some pretty ribbon to the hinges and made some more labels from old book illustrations. We filled the hampers with our chutneypickled red cabbagebiscotti and sloe gin as well as some local ales, tea and coffee from Pollard's of Sheffield and chocolates from Betty's of Harrogate. I thoroughly recommend making hampers for presents as they were a huge success with everybody. I can't wait to get them back in December so that I can fill them up again with next year's goodies. 
  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I would have loved to have received one of these! Sloe gin? Not 100% sure what it is, but I'm guessing I'd like it! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like where you are headed here with the delightfully decadent Christmas Hampers - inspired!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & hope you have a lovely day!